I believe in great branding, even when that is for nonprofit purposes. And that is the case for Meifu Shinkage Ryu Canada™. Growing Meifu Shinkage Ryu in Canada under the Branch can best be done in a structured manner, in order to make the organisational structure as transparent and easy to access as possible. The first step was to incorporate as a non-profit. This happened in 2014 as a keikokai. The second step was to protect the Meifu Shinkage Ryu name in Canada with a trademark. This happened in 2016. The third step was to become a Branch, which also happened in 2016. Uniting efforts to grow Meifu Shinkage Ryu as a quality martial arts organisation in Canada is vital to maintaining the integrity and authenticity. There are already too many martial arts organisations being too splintered, and unable to keep control of their members. Our Board of Directors does not want that to happen in Canada. What to expect in 2017
- Quality Growth: Although we started small, growth will be steady for 2017. Rather than thinking in quantity, MSR Canada Branch stands for creating a quality membership.
- Keiko Cafe sessions: We will be offering online collaboration sessions for members to attend. These sessions are all about thinking, sharing, and growing together. Rather than online training sessions, the Keiko Cafe is more about philosophy as well as researching Meifu Shinkage Ryu and related arts.
- Leader Group: A Leader Group consisting of Keikokai Leaders who are affiliated with the Canada Branch will meet online once per month to discuss direction of each Keikokai, celebrate successes of it's members, as well as to plan seminars, workshops, and other events. In addition, leaders can support each other by providing curriculum and instructional supports. These sessions will be available using the GO TO Meeting System.
- Library: The Saskatchewan Keikokai started to build a library of Budo resources, consisting of often very rare books. These books will be available to all MSR Canada Branch leaders for research and further learning.
- Administration and Organisation: With our organisation now recognised as a nonprofit corporation, we are working to obtain a Microsoft donation of the Office 365 suite. In addition, we are trying to get a donated license for Skype for Business. If everything goes well, all Branch affiliated leaders will have access to one copy of the full Microsoft Office suite at no cost.
- Email: Establishing Meifu Shinkage Ryu Canada Branch requires a professional appearance. An email accounts for all the leaders that can be managed through Outlook will be available shortly. Try sending an email to email@example.com...
- MSR Canada Branch Website: All Branch leaders will have access to a protected area on the MeifuShinkageRyu.ca where training resources can be shared.
- Group Websites: All Branch Leaders will be provided with web-space on our server at no cost so that each group can build their own website.